A step ... a minute ... a life ...

Join me in an adventure. Let these moments transend time. Take off your shoes, and stay a while!

Monday, February 12, 2007

Back to the Kitchen: Cranberry Scones

Hey everyone.

So I decided to do a bit of a post tonight. I probably should catch you up on what has been happening in my life, but instead I will share with you the new recipe I found and made tonight.

Cranberry Scones - as modified by me

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 cup butter, chilled
  • 1 1/2 cups frozen cranberries
  • 3/4 cup 2% milk
  • 1 egg
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
  2. Cut butter into mixture of flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add cranberries and toss to mix.
  3. In separate bowl beat together milk and egg, and slowly pour into dry ingredients, stirring with rubber scraper until dough forms. Knead just until it comes together, 3 or 4 times. Don't overhandle!
  4. Divide dough in half. On lightly floured board, shape each half into a 6-inch round. Cut into 6 wedges; or into whichever shapes you want.
  5. Bake on ungreased sheet about 20 minutes at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Serve warm!!
Here is a picture of how mine ended up!




Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home